Skip to main content

Stanley Park - Vancouver Experience

Vancouver is know for its scenic beauty and lots of parks,clubs,libray and of course warm
welcoming people. And the best place to visit is Stanley Park, you can't go wrong when you are here....!
Stanley Park is the grand daddy of all parks in Greater Vancouver. Known around the world, and why it shouldn’t be...a beautiful 1000 acre park that's almost smack dab in the middle of Vancouver.
I suggest everyone to start off by doing a loop around the park. There is an option of drive, or but if you're feeling energetic, try taking a walking like me...!If speed is your thing, you can rent a bike or rollerblades at stores near Georgia and Denman Street. I prefferd walking as it was good to burn my calories, which i was putting sitting most of the time in office & having 5-6 tins of minute maid apple juice...hahaha....
All through my walk i observed lots of people preferring to jog or on skates. The park is about six miles around and you'll see many of the landmarks on way.Let me take you on a short tour as wat i saw in & around the park. As you enter the park from Georgia Street you’ll see the rose garden to your left though it doesn't seem to me as such unless what my friend said me that if until roses are in bloom. There is, however, a small playground tucked in behind it,as well as a dining pavilion(where i had hotdog this time with mustard sause to be extra caution...!).On the water side you'll see beautiful English looking building that houses the Vancouver rowing club, coal Harbor where if you are lucky enough can see a seaplane land. Its usually a lovely treat to watch such fantastic view in the evening along side the park shining waters. And woh i was lucky enough to watch it twice...
About 100 yards beyond the yacht Club you'll Vancouver aquarium and Brockton oval, a small sports complex. This time around i wasn't lucky enough to watch the dolphin show. As the timing for it was over and my friend suggested we will come back again to watch it....!
its one of the most tourist attractions but they stopped shows with killer whales, no idea
wat-so-ever why.....
So we moved further and about a quarter mile saw naval reserve base to right. It’s stationed on Deadman's Island which reportedly was a native Indian burial ground at one time. But it didn't seem to me until i came across indian resembling names on graves...!!!
A bit further are the totem poles on left. These are worth a stop, not just to look at the
totem poles, but also to take a picture of the city. Get your camera out because Hallelujah
Point has an outstanding view of the city, which is breath taking experience and gives a view about the city. And i being a foolish didn't get my camera but hoping to capture all this for my next visit, which i will be coming with my india friend....
As we went further got a view of big cannon parked inside a cage, apparently they did this because they have been recorded stealing it for a prank. This is also the famous Nine O'clock gun which you hear boom every night at, of course 9 o’clock. I tried convincing my friend to stay till the time it bells but she insisted that its not so worthy and the shots can be heard from the station too...!
Once you round Brockton point there is a change of scenery. Instead of city landscape you'll see big piles of sulphur against a scenic backdrop of mountains. Now Welcome to the North Shore of Vancouver.(i started using this term more in office for describing new problems in the project...!)
Now the the connector to this is The Lion's Gate Bridge, the closest thing we've got to The Golden Gate Bridge. The seawall is dotted with various points of interest and the one I like is the mermaid lounging on the rock about halfway between Brockton point and prospect point is Lumberman's Arch. Even prospect point has a spectacular view of North and West Vancouver. But we preferred having a view from prospect point. It also has a nice cafe and yeah if you feel like having a snack or dinner then its a place to be...but it always seems busy & a burn in your pocket is for sure as the prices are not so affordable. But as the saying goes that we should think about monetarily when you are at such locations and trying to taste different cuisines...
The west side of the seawall has three swimming beaches; the first we come across is third beach. My friend doesn’t know why it has been named as such but i remember the place for the for weird rocks when the tide goes out. Second Beach is popular with families but i didn’t prefer there as i was a freaky bachelor hahaha.....
The importance here is carry plenty of birdfeed for the ducks and the racoons,You'll have
an audience of them within minutes....oh woh wat an holiday treat to refresh my soul...yeah truly an amazing walk, which i will remember all through my life...!!
We ended our walk with a chicken shawarma treat and took a bus back to my place feeling content & happy. Thanked my le for taking me for such a lovely evening & pep on her cheek left me even more happy...!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I will keep this park as my bucket list .. Hope I see dolphin show

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Pieces

My dear in every room of our time together there is a box, for all the memories that we shared together, now it is the time to pack away those beautiful memories, with lot of sadness,pain and with lot of care. The first one is a simple & yet beautiful smile, whenever i was thinking about you, i tired to neatly fold into four, and that's the best that thing which I could do. Next are all the memories & moments spend with you, of the times when we were two & spent time together, wrapped with lots of love one by one, and is sealed with tears as glue. And then there are the butterflies all around, which I had when you were near & close, and now they are trapped in a cage of sadness & in dark, and locked up with a tear. Next are the times we kissed & looked into each other eyes, each of which are now wrapped with a sigh, placed next to a rolled up list, of all the times I've asked myself why.....why this separation? Now had to pack a

ISKON Temple Visit

Am a very ordinary person to write about Krsna & his leela. Iam not a great devotee of Krsna but my visit to west virgina & burnaby ISKON(The International Society for Krishna Consciousness ) temples made me attract towards the lordship of universe ie. Krsna. A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is the founder acharya of the hare krishna movement, even though i have a half baked knowledge about the guru, his life is inspiring for lakhs of devotees across to world. The temple, like the other shrines of ISKON, has been constructed with the prime mission of spreading the messages encapsulated in Bhagwad Gita, the sacred book of the Hindus.Numerous Krishna devotees from across the globe flock to different ISKON temples to soothe themselves in the holy sanctum. The first time when I went along with my parents & my elder brother my heart was filled with over joyful happiness listening to kirtans, pravachans and aartis performed by the temple ,which are particularly attended by dev

Port Lavaca!

T oday as i was stepping out of a beautiful & my comfortable zone of Port Lavaca many things have crossed in my heart for one the most satisfying & also peaceful places in last 15 yrs of me being part nomadic life...Life does give chance to experience if only we stretch our arms to accept and explore new changes. The last 6yrs has been difficult for me with constant travel, changing places, getting accommodative to new environment and people. And also, a huge burden of endless pain i was thrown into Just when i thought life is constant fluid, i got rediscovered myself in this amazing & truly a cinematic experience of living in Port Lavaca. I met some amazingly good friends & even more looking life on bright side with what GOD has given us! Port Lavaca has offered me many moments to cherish, all the evenings gazing the amazingly beautiful sun sets and raising has given me a sense of calmness which i was longing for! It’s hard to begin with where to start and end